|Title||Joseph Roach, Blacksmith, Middlebush, NJ (c. 1915)|
|Year Range from||1911|
|Year Range to||1920|
|Description||Joseph Roach was the last of Franklin's village blacksmiths. He worked at the shop in Millstone (Wyckoff's shop) before moving to Middlebush in 1902 to set up his own shop. Roach retired in 1950 and died in 1954. He served as Franklin's truant officer for many years and was a juror for the Halls-Mills Murder trial in 1926. His shop was at the corner of Smith Road and Olcott Avenue. In 1956, the shop was gutted of its blacksmith tools--the end of an era.|
Roach, Joseph A.
|Other number||0072 disk2|
|Collection||Franklin Township Public Library Photo Archive|