Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Brooklyn, looking south from Ridgewood Reservoir
Date 08/12/1927
Year Range from 1921
Year Range to 1930
Description The view south over Brooklyn. The photographer was standing on Snake Hill by the Ridgewood Reservoir, which was closed down in the 1970s and made part of Highland Park. A car zips down Highland Boulevard. Another small section of Highland Park (which today is home to baseball diamonds and tennis courts) separates Highland Boulevard and Jamaica Avenue. The skyline in this part of Brooklyn does seem to have changed quite a bit from the 1920s. However, in the back on the right side of the picture, the tower of the Saint Michael Fraternity of the Capuchin Friars can be seen -- they are still there today and the building is located at 225 Jerome St. On the left, the impressive facade of Public School 108K (now known as "The Sal Abbracciamento School") stands tall over the surrounding buildings. P.S. 108 is at 200 Linwood St.
Place Brooklyn, NY
Photographer Wade, Elton H. L.
Object Name Negative, Sheet Film
Object ID 2009.1.581
Other number 141
Film Size 3 1/4 x 5 1/2 in.
Subjects Architecture
Automobiles
Brooklyn (N.Y.)
Buildings
Cities & towns
East New York (N.Y.)
Highland Park (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
Parks
Roads
Search Terms Brooklyn (N.Y.)
East New York (N.Y.)
Highland Park (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
Orig/copy Original
Copyright Franklin Township Public Library
Collection Elton H. L. Wade Photograph Collection