Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Joseph Roach House in Middlebush, NJ (c. 1935)
Year Range from 1931
Year Range to 1940
Description This house on South Middlebush Road was built between 1842 and 1854 on land previously owned by Cornelius Van Doren. It was later occupied by Ralph Voorhees, Jr. For much of the twentieth century it was occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Joseph A. Roach. Roach became the village blacksmith in 1901 and retired in 1950 as the last blacksmith in Franklin Township. Joseph A. Roach died in 1954 and his wife, 'Aunt Gussie', in 1953.

This photograph was likely taken by Elton H. L. Wade.
People Roach, Joseph A.
Place Middlebush, NJ
Object Name Photograph
Object ID 2016.1.129
Other number 0054 disk2
Subjects Houses
Middlebush (N.J.)
Roach family
Van Doren family
Voorhees family
Search Terms Houses
Middlebush (N.J.)
Roach family
Van Doren family
Voorhees family
Orig/copy Copy
Collection Franklin Township Public Library Photo Archive