Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Franklin Inn / Franklin Hotel, East Millstone, NJ (c. 1910)
Year Range from 1901.0
Year Range to 1910.0
Description Originally a farm house, the Franklin Inn (Franklin House) was more well-known as an inn that served the canal trade beginning in the 1830s. The inn sits just off the banks of the Delaware and Raritan (D&R) Canal. Early in the 20th century as the canal traffic dried up, so did the inn's business. It is now a property administered by the Meadows Foundation.

Copy of a W. W. Tetlow Real Photo Post Card
Place East Millstone, NJ
Photographer W. W. Tetlow
Object Name Photograph
Object ID 2016.1.21
Other number 0021 disk1
Subjects Annie Van Liew House (18th century)
East Millstone (N.J.)
Franklin House Hotel (19th century)
Franklin Inn (19th century)
Hotels
Search Terms Annie Van Liew House (18th century)
East Millstone (N.J.)
Franklin House Hotel (19th century)
Franklin Inn (19th century)
Orig/copy Copy
Copyright Public Domain
Collection Franklin Township Public Library Photo Archive